Galley Wench's Note:
This rich oilive oil dough can be used to make a variety of flatbreads, pizza, calzones, lavash, naan and focaccia. Mix enough dough for several loaves and store in the refrigerator for up to 12 days. The fruitier the olive oil the better the flavor. This recipe come from the Artesian Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook. Use this dough to make: Lavash or No-Knead Pizza Rolls (Pepperoni, Hawaiian or BBQ Chicken) or Onion and Rosemary Focaccia (No-Knead) or Naan (No-Knead) or how about No-Knead Double Pepperoni Pizza. UPDATE 9/09: used this crust to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza on the grill Grilled Pizza (Using Grilling Pizza Pan) and it was fantastic! NOTE: Best made with white flour, however if you must substitute whole wheat, only replace half, or use No-Knead Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
My Private Note
1 pound ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mixing and Storing the Dough:.
- 2Note: If measuring flour rather than weighing, don't press down into the flour as you scoop it in with dry-ingredient measuring cups, By gently scooping up flour, then sweeping the top level with a knife or spatula.you willl get a more accurate measurement.
- 3In large plastic storage container (with lid) mix together the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- 4Add all the water and olive oil at once and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 5If mixing becomes too difficult to incorporate all the flour with the spoon, reach into the mixing bowl with very wet hands and press the mixture together. Note: kneading isn't necessary.
- 6When everything is uniformly moist without dry patches your mixing is complete. This should take only a few minutes.
- 7The dough will be wet and loose enough to conform to the shape of its container.
- 8Cover with a lid (not airtight) that fits well on the container. Allow the mixture to rise at room temperature until it begins to collapse, or at least flattens on the top, about 2 hours, depending on the room's temperature and the initial water temperature. Longer rising times, up to about 5 hours, will not harm the result.
- 9You can use a portion of the dough anytime after this period. Fully refrigerated wet dough is less sticky and easier to work with than dough at room temperature. So the first time you try this method, it's best to refrigerate the dough overnight, or at least 3 hours, before shaping a loaf.
- 10The breads flavor improves with the retardation, so suggest you wait at least 24 hours before baking the first loaf! Dough may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 12 days.
- 11Baking Instructions:.
- 12Naan:.Naan (No-Knead).
- 15Focaccia:.Onion and Rosemary Focaccia (No-Knead).
- 16Lavash: Lavash.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia)
Serving Size: 1 (1552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2631.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g