Panago's Basic Homemade Pizza Dough
This is a version of the dough that Panago Pizza makes. It is quick and delicious and you can also use to it make focaccia Bread. This recipe was sent out with a pizza we order recently and I plan on using it regularly. Makes 2 12" pizzas.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, combine the warm water (not too hot or you'll kill the yeast), honey and yeast until dissolved.
- Leave for 5 - 10 minutes unti lthe yeast activates and the mixture develops a layer of froth on the surface.
- In a large bowl, mix the sea salt and flour and make a well in the center.
- Add the yeast and olive oil.
- Mix together , then use your hands until the dough comes together.(I did this step in my kitchenaid.).
- Tip the dough onoto a lightly floured surface and knead until th edoor is smooth, shiny and elastic (about 5 - 10 minutes) or allow the kitchenaid to do this.
- If the dough is too sticky or soft, add a little extra flour or if it's too dry and crumbly, add a little water.
- Shape the dough into a round ball and place in a large, oiled bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth for roughly 45 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough to remove the air and place it on a lightly floured work surface.
- Divide in 2 and shape each piece into round disks.
- Place the dough balls on a sheet of parchment.
- Cover with a light coating of oil and let them rise again, for about 20 minutes.
- Dough is now ready to add whatever toppings you like and cook.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. Keeping an eye on it until the cheese browns and the crust looks done.