Beth's Perfect and Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package dried yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Combine flour and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center of flour and with your hands, work in 1/2 of the yeast mixture.
- Add olive oil and then continue to work in the rest of the yeast mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water if necessary to make dough soft and smooth.
- Turn dough onto flat surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl and place dough in it, turning on dough over to get oil on all sides.
- Cover with damp towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out each half into 12-14" circles making crusts about 1/8" thick.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cornmeal onto pizza peal. Place 1 pizza crust on pizza peal and lightly brush with olive oil. Add all ingredients you want on your pizza.
- Slide pizza from peel onto preheated pizza stone in the oven. Cook until crust is crisp and golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- DOUGH CAN BE FROZEN: After rising, shape dough into 2 balls a, wrap and freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature and roll out as described.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note