Mel Bedggood's Note:
A tasty alternative to the carbonara with no cream! Vary your mushrooms for a unique taste. I used Oyster and Shimeji mushrooms, but enoki, shitake or portobello would also work a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1boil water and cook fettucine. drain and leave aside.
- 2add garlic and red onions to another pan. Cook until the onions have sweated through.
- 3add bacon and cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4add mushrooms and place spinach on top. stir the ingredients until spinach has sweated down and mixed into the other ingredients. Add stock and pepper at the same time.
- 5Mix the cheese and egg in together roughly and stir into vegetables.
- 6Once mixture turns mushroom colour, add the fettucine and stir through.
- 7If you'd like a more cheesy taste, add some light mozzarella and mix through when hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Cream Vegetarian Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder