Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty alternative to the carbonara with no cream! Vary your mushrooms for a unique taste. I used Oyster and Shimeji mushrooms, but enoki, shitake or portobello would also work a treat.
- boil water and cook fettucine. drain and leave aside.
- add garlic and red onions to another pan. Cook until the onions have sweated through.
- add bacon and cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- add mushrooms and place spinach on top. stir the ingredients until spinach has sweated down and mixed into the other ingredients. Add stock and pepper at the same time.
- Mix the cheese and egg in together roughly and stir into vegetables.
- Once mixture turns mushroom colour, add the fettucine and stir through.
- If you'd like a more cheesy taste, add some light mozzarella and mix through when hot.
Very, very good! This was an easy dish that really satisfied us. I added a little shredded Parmesan over the top and it was perfect! Thanks for a great recipe!!