Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from Minute rice back of the box! *Substitute: You can use 4 1/2 cups frozen or drained canned peas, chopped asparagus or chopped leeks instead of broccoli.
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli (about 4 1/2 cups, trimmed and sliced into 3-inch lengths)
- 1⁄2 cup MINUTE White Rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir carrots, onion, and celery in hot oil in large saucepot on medium-high heat 3 minute Add chicken broth and water: stir. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in broccoli and rice. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add soup, in batches, to belnder or food processor container; cover. Blend until pureed. Return soup puree to pot. Add milk and cheese; cook until heated through, stirring occasional.
Delicious!! just needed to add a bit of seasoning
I just tried this recipe for the first time recently. Got it from the Kraft magazine. Absolutely loved it. It is full of flavor! Will be cooking it again and again!
I found this same recipe in the Kraft Canada recipe book that is sent out 4 times a year. I used basmati rice instead and used my hand blender right in the pot. Also used fresh grated parmesan cheese. I was the only one in the house that enjoyed it but I REALLY enjoyed it. Will plan to make this on a regular basis and will freeze in portion sized containers for myself.