Recipe by luvinlif2k
No pre-cooking needed but your guests will never know! My adjustments to this recipe add more sauce and more cheese since I always seemed to run short when assembling this dish. This is a tried and true winner on Bridge night. For the best flavor I recommend Prego sauce flavored with Italian sausage - or brown some Italian sausage along with the ground beef for the sauce.
Top Review by rellawtac
i made this tonight and it turned out really soupy and the noodles weren't cooked....we followed the directions exactly...didn't use prego which might have made a difference...but i wasn't impressed....maybe its me :o
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup dried parsley (or 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces dry lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a 5 quart saucepan, brown the meat then drain the fat.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and water.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour a generous 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange a single layer of uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Cover with a generous 1 cup of sauce; spread half of cheese mixture over sauce.
- Repeat layers of noodles, sauce, and cheese filling.
- Top with a layer of lasagna noodles and the remaining sauce then sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden on top.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.