Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Convenience items such as store-bought angel food cake, frozen strawberries and instant pudding mix make preparing this refrigerated delight as simple as can be. It's particularly attractive when served in a glass dish.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) angel food cake, loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packages sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
One word, Wonderful. Simple and very easy. Very refreshing on a hot day and would be just as wonderful in the winter months. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe with out all the sugar.
My DH went crazy for this dessert! It was easy to make and tastes great. I ended up having to use cooked pudding but I just let it cool completely and it worked fine. Thanks for posting!!