Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are made with cottage cheese and thick, creamy, non-fat yogurt. They only take a few minutes to put together and are sure to impress. The prep time does include the 2 hours chilling but not the time needed to drain the yogurt.
- Place the yogurt in a yogurt strainer or a mesh strainer lined with a paper coffee filter, place in refrigerator and allow to drain for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly brush the tart shells with egg white and bake for 5 minutes, cool completely.
- In a blender container, combine the cottage cheese, drained yogurt, sweetner, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Divide evenly into the tart shells, place in refrigerator and allow to set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Place the fruit spread in a small microwave safe bowl and warm; mix the sliced strawberries and fruit spread, cover and refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the tarts and enjoy.
These are so yummy! I had one problem though - I halved the filling recipe and still had enough for 4 mini crusts; actually, if I hadn't filled them to overflowing I probably would have had enough for 5 crusts. I forgot to brown the crusts but it didn't seem to have too much effect. I used regular sugar. Definitely can't tell that they are a light dessert. Thanks for sharing!
Thought this was pretty good considering it was light but agree with flower7 comments that there was more filling then needed.