Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple no bake cheesecake that comes out creamy and delicious even though it is low fat. The low fat version actually tastes better than the full fat version, the flavor comes out more. My husband who loves his rich foods absolutely dies over this recipe. Feel free to substitute the flavors for other one's that you think would work well.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces low-fat graham crackers
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 14 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 7 ounces light strawberry yogurt
- 2 (1 ounce) satchets sugar-free jello
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced strawberries (optional)
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs and mix well with egg white (since this is non-cook be careful NOT to get any yolk mixed into the recipe). Spread and press firmly into the bottom of a 9" bottom spring form pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Mix first Jello packet with 1/2 cup of boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Allow to sit at room temperature to cool slightly.
- Stir cream cheese until fluffy. Add strawberry yogurt and mix well. Add Jello into mixture and stir filling until well blended. Add filling into pan and if wanted lightly lay strawberry's over the top and push in ever so gently so they are in place. Refrigerate for 90 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile prepare second Jello packet as the box directs you. Allow to cool at room temperature until needed.
- When cheesecake is firm add a layer of Jello over the top (however much you choose to put on is up to you, I tend to put a thin layer on if I haven't used fruit, and a thick one if I have). Again refrigerate until firm (usually about an hour or so).
This was my favorite recipe my mom used to make for me when I was a kid. It is soooo yummy! Thanks for posting it.