Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is interesting looking. Posted for safe keeping.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 16 ounces graham crackers, crushed to crumbs
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) packageschopped dates
- 16 ounces maraschino cherries, well drained, halved
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- Spray 10 mini loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the milk and marshmallow together over low heat.
- Stir constantly, because condensed milk scorches easily, until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, coconut, dates and cherries in a large bowl.
- Add the bourbon to the milk mixture and pour over the crumb mixture.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pans and press down firmly to mold into shape.
- Refrigerate for 2 days.
I made this for the first time and it looks white? I assume from the milk and marshmallows. But will it darken over time in the fridge?
Very like a fruit cake but no flour or cooking here, but made with marshmallow! Like it, especially the bourbon in it!