Recipe by Quest4ZBest
Finished results taste like a chocolate eclair! So good and so easy - you will be surprised!
Top Review by Grandma Lynn
I have been making this for years and everyone who eats it loves it. It is my 14 year olds favorite birthday cake. The only difference in my recipe vs. this one is that I make the chocolate topping from scratch. It is very easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. I take 3 Tablespoons of butter and melt them in a pan add 1/4 C cocoa, mixing well over low heat. Then I add 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3 Tablespoons milk, and 2 teaspoons light syrup; blend well until combined. Frost the cake and refrigerate overnight. It makes the perfect amount of frosting, no leftovers. Also, make sure you get French vanilla pudding because regular just doesn't taste as good. (I made that mistake once!)
- 6 7⁄8 ounces French vanilla instant pudding (2 small boxes)
- 3 cups milk
- 10 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (14 ounce) box graham crackers
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate fudge frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a layer of WHOLE graham crackers in bottom of 9x13 inch pan so no portion of bottom of pan is showing.
- In bowl mix pudding and milk. Stir in Cool Whip.
- Layer 1/2 pudding mix on top of graham crackers. Add another layer of WHOLE crackers. Add remaining portion of pudding mix on top. Add a final top layer of crackers.
- Take off seal and lid of frosting and microwave for about 45 seconds, until runny. Pour frosting over entire mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Eat! Yummy!