No Bake Chocolate Cover Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
24-36 depending on size of cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, DRAINED AND CHOPPED
- Mix together in large saucepan: Sugar, Milk, Butter and Cocoa.
- Heat on high until boiling. Hard boil exactly one (1) minute.
- Remove from heat and in the same saucepan add peanut butter, MIX TILL DISSOLVED, ADD CHERRIES THEN VANILLA AND OATS.
- Do not let cool off. Spoon immediately onto wax paper and let cool.
- Eat and enjoy!
Join The Conversation
I should have trusted my gut on the peanut butter in these but I added it anyways. They probably would taste like choc covered cherries without the pb but it overpowers the cherry flavor (not sure why it is even in this recipe??), and I didn't even add the full amount. I've made no-bake cookies with and without pb dozens of times and they always come out great. But, these didn't quite set right. They didn't fully harden. I will try it again with no pb, but sadly not today bc I am all out of cherries. All that said, they are tasty, and will probably be even better without peanut butter in them.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I had to say goodbye to the love of my life in 2017. We were married 34 yrs. I still have 2 wonderful sons, 2 beautiful daughter in laws and now 3 grands. Starting life over is hard, moving on is of easy. Cooking gives ways to move on. I love cooking and baking for friends and my family