Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my blog at http://funnfud.blogspot.com adapted from one of NDTV's recipes Tip: The gelatin mixture helps set the cake, so don't think of skipping it. You can use substitutes for gelatin, but the latter would provide best results.
For a half pound/1 kg cake
- 12 -15 large strawberries
- 200 g glucose biscuits or 200 g cooked graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hung curds
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 -8 fresh strawberries
- chocolate chips
- strawberry syrup, and
- whipped cream, for garnishing
- Grind the biscuits and mix in the melted butter with it.
- Line the base of the serving dish evenly and smoothly with the biscuit mixture. Put in the freezer to set.
- Now Puree the strawberries and sugar together in blender. Add the hung curd and cream, blend well to make a smooth mixture. Pour it into a bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of water in the gelatin. Then pour the gelatin slowly into the strawberry mixture. Keep stirring continuously.
- Now pour the strawberry mixture onto the set biscuit base.
- Cover and put in the fridge to set overnight.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, chocolate chips and whipped cream.
- Serve cold by slicing into triangular pieces. You can also drizzle some strawberry syrup on the top to create a more appetizing effect.