I can't remember how I came across this BUT This is an WONDERFUL QUICK alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie. It has replaced all other pies at any gathering.
- 8 inches prepared graham cracker crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups 100% pumpkin puree (not the pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium-mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cups of the whipped topping, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 more cups of whipped topping.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of whip topping.
- I will put it in a pastry bag and decorate the top with the whip cream.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.