Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Al Dente blog http://bit.ly/4yV3OH
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup brandy or 1 cup cognac
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- ground nutmeg, for dusting
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks in a large bowl. Slowly add the sugar and beat until thick, pale yellow, and forms a ribbon. Stir in the milk.
- In another bowl, beat the cream to soft peaks. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Before serving, gently stir in bourbon and brandy; pour into a punch bowl.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold egg whites into the eggnog base. Drizzle rum over the top, then sprinkle with nutmeg.