Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from "Dining on a Dime" by Tawra Kellam and has become my recipe of choice for making rolls and pocket sandwiches. *I have made some very minor adjustments to this but it is essentially Tawra's recipe. Gotta give credit where credit is due!
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add milk and water and heat until very warm, 120-130 degrees.
- While milk is heating, mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add warmed milk/butter to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and beat 2 minutes on high.
- Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead 2-3 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape into balls.
- Place in 8 inch cake pan, brush with oil, and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
Yum. I used my stand mixer and I think I overworked the dough. I then had a hard time getting the dough to mix in, and it always looked a little funny. That said, these were great tasting. They were little and lumpy due to my operator error, but had fabulous taste and were fluffy. If I can mess up that bad and they are still that good then WOW! Thanks Paula!
Followed the recipe just as written......GREAT!!!!! Thank you!
These were really good, and easy to make. And they were of such nice texture too. Great recipe.