Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inexpensive and easy--in response to forum request.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Drain; set aside.
- Saute meat, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except macaroni).
- Bring mixture to boil; simmer gently for 5 min.
- Mix in cooked macaroni.
- Simmer for 5 min.
sounds really good, but wouldn't it be way to sweet with the ketchup?
Sorry to say, after we ate a few bites of this, we were sick to our stomachs. The ketchup gave this way too sweet of a flavor for us. I had to go out and get dinner tonight. Sorry:(
Fantastic! This was perfect! It has great flavor to it! I didn't have any Italian spice so i made mixture of Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano and Basil.(a dash of this and a dash of that) Thanks so much for this great tasting meal!