1/3 Photos of Nina's Healthy Granola
This is a recipe that I got from my wonderful friend. It's one of those granola recipes that you can easily tweak to fit your personal choice of tastes. If you don't like wheat germ, try flax meal. Not a coconut fan? Leave it out. And you can add any type of dried fruit that you like! You can't go wrong with this one. Plus...only 1/3 cup of brown sugar!! Let me know how yours turns out, and what fun takes you have on this recipe! I appreciate your input =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups oatmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup honey crunch wheat germ (I've done flax meal, too)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups dried blueberries (anything you like) or 1 1/2 cups dried cherries (anything you like) or 1 1/2 cups raisins (anything you like)
- 1 cup dried almonds (etc) or 1 cup cashews (etc)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, coconut, nuts and nonfat dry milk.
- 2Combine honey, oil, water and vanilla (in separate dish).
- 3Add slowly to oat mixture and stir to coat.
- 4Turn into 2 large pans (shallow -- like a cookie sheet).
- 5Heat in 300 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Stir twice during heating. Stir occasionally while cooling.
- 7Add berries, store in tightly sealed containers or bag, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nina's Healthy Granola
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 63.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: