I must admit that i'm a sucker for Cici's mac-n-cheese pizza. So when we had our pizza night I decided to have a try at it. It actually turned out pretty close and was pretty easy. Let me know what ya think!
- To make the dough: In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, salt and sugar.
- Add in yeast water and mix together, making a ball.
- Knead by hand 5-10 minutes, until when you press your thumb down the indention stays. (You could also use your hand/stand mixer if it has a kneading attachment for about 2-3 minutes or you could use your bread machine).
- Rub small amount of olive oil around dough, to keep it from sticking, and place in a large bowl, covering with saran wrap.
- Place in a warm area to rise atleast 30 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, cook macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add in 1/3 jar of sauce and butter, stir.
- Set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough to fit either your pizza stone or out on a baking sheet, pinching up edges to make the crust.
- With a spoon, add a very thin layer of sauce on the dough and put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until dough is almost fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and add cooked macaroni; cover with more cheese sauce.
- Place back in the oven and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes or until dough is fully cooked.