Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I must admit that i'm a sucker for Cici's mac-n-cheese pizza. So when we had our pizza night I decided to have a try at it. It actually turned out pretty close and was pretty easy. Let me know what ya think!
- To make the dough: In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, salt and sugar.
- Add in yeast water and mix together, making a ball.
- Knead by hand 5-10 minutes, until when you press your thumb down the indention stays. (You could also use your hand/stand mixer if it has a kneading attachment for about 2-3 minutes or you could use your bread machine).
- Rub small amount of olive oil around dough, to keep it from sticking, and place in a large bowl, covering with saran wrap.
- Place in a warm area to rise atleast 30 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, cook macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add in 1/3 jar of sauce and butter, stir.
- Set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough to fit either your pizza stone or out on a baking sheet, pinching up edges to make the crust.
- With a spoon, add a very thin layer of sauce on the dough and put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until dough is almost fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and add cooked macaroni; cover with more cheese sauce.
- Place back in the oven and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes or until dough is fully cooked.
This was fantastic!!! My kids loved it! Very easy to make. We will be having this again. Thanks for sharing!