Recipe by princessGenius
This is a “cakey” new york style cheesecake mix. The cakey-ness is achieved with the addition of flour. Please feel free to leave out the flour. I’ve made these with and without flour and it’s absolutely delicious both ways!
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute (I use wheylow gold or swerve brown sugar)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granular sugar substitute (I use wheylow or swerve)
- 1 tablespoon flour (totally optional, can be einkhorn or low carb blend)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST DIRECTIONS:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the almond flour, brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Line 2 regular muffin tins with liners. Press equal amounts of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin liner.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Cool 15 - 20 minutes before adding filling.
- FILLING DIRECTIONS:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, zests, vanilla and flour (if using).
- Add egg, blending well. (if doubling recipe, add eggs one at a time).
- Add sour cream and mix inches.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until almost full.
- Bake at 325 degrees on middle rack for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.
- Makes 12 mini cheesecakes.
- *Cheesecakes tastes best once cooled completely and then refrigerated (ideally overnight). HOWEVER, I know this may be a lot to ask for some of us… (ME). If you just can’t wait, then it’s okay to have one once they have cooled. But, trust me, they are sooooo much better if you refrigerate them first.