Recipe by Paka
This is an easy recipe. Most of the time is in the marinating. Grill, bake, counter top convection, cook any way you like. My daughter craves these after spending time with an Indonesian family living in Australia. Good hot or Cold!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Yes, these probably would be great with a peanut sauce, but they didn't last at our house either. I am so impressed that four simple ingredients deliver such a wonderful result. I didn't have garlic powder, so used garlic granules. I marinated the wings for almost 30 hours in a container with a tight-fitting lid. That way I could shake the contents from time to time. While hubby barbecued the wings, I cooked down the marinade a bit to serve it over mashed potatoes. Yummo! Many thanks for posting.
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (fresh is better)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh chicken wings, clean.
- Seperate if you want.
- Niki cooks the complete wing as the tip is the"best part".
- Marinate in the soy, lemon juice and garlic powder for at least 24 hours.
- The longer the better!
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour, turning half way through cooking time or grill.
- Probably great with a peanut sauce but they never seem to last that long at my house!