Recipe by evelyn/athens
I love peanut-anything. This is a delicious, nutty soup.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Very tasty, nutritious, and easy. The little bit of ground peanut crunch was nice. I did a vegan version with a peppersoup spice mix and a little tapioca in place of the beef broth. I would use a tad less hot pepper next time.
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, ground fine
- 2 -3 small dried hot red chili peppers or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broth to a bare simmer and, in a small bowl, stir together the peanuts and ½ cup of the broth until the mixture forms a paste.
- Stir paste into the simmering broth, add chili peppers, bell pepper and onion, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until the soup thickens to desired consistency, and season to taste.