1/2 Photos of Nigella Lawson Maple Pecan Muffins
daisy M's Note:
This is a Nigella Lawson recipe from 'Feasts'. It is slightly sweet and has a tender crumb. The wheatgerm makes it, sort of healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Fill a 12 cup muffin tray with paper liners or butter it.
- 3You can also use mini-muffins in which case it will make about 28.
- 4Reserve 1/4th of the chopped pecans.
- 5Mix together remaining pecans with flour, salt, wheatgerm and baking powder.
- 6In another bowl, whisk together milk, egg, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- 7Pour the liquids into the dry mixture.
- 8Gently fold to mix.
- 9The batter can have some lumps.
- 10Do not overmix because these muffins can get tough.
- 11Spoon into the muffin tins.
- 12Chop the remaining nuts finely and mix with the brown sugar.
- 13Sprinkle a little on the top of each muffin.
- 14Bake for about 20 minutes until tester comes clean (less if baking in a mini muffin tin).
- 15The nut topping turns golden but the muffins will be very pale.
- 16Remove muffins to a cooling rack.
- 17Serve them warm or at room temperature, may be with some more maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Lawson Maple Pecan Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g