Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made a batch of these tonight for my kids' school lunches. They are easy to put together and use ingredients that most of us have in our pantries. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, pieces (optional)
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs, honey, oil, water, bananas, vanilla and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir 20 times.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
Very, very tasty. I made a couple of changes (to accomodate my limited pantry this week). I used 100% whole wheat flour, used agave nectar instead of honey (that was a mistake -- grabbed the wrong squeeze bottle, but it worked just fine) & added a tablespoon of flax meal and an extra teaspoon of vanilla. They were light anf fluffy and DELICIOUS. Yielded 15 muffins. Baked for exactly 20 minutes. I will make these again. Thanks for posting!
Great recipe. This made 36 mini muffins, cooked for about 10 minutes. I love the peanut butter in them. The taste is subtle, but it's great to have some protein in the muffins. I will definitely be making these again.
absolutely delicious, the only small small change I made was I added in a few more tablespoons of peanut butter and increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons, I have enjoyed two of these already with strawberry jam, delicious muffins Nif, I made this for KK's forum cookie swap event, thanks for posting!