Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had a craving for hummus but I don't have tahini. I read that you can replace tahini with peanut butter, so I thought I'd play with an old recipe until I got what I was looking for. I'm really happy with the results! I hope you like it too. Enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini or 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika, cayenne, pine nuts, cilantro or parsley to garnish
- In food processor, mince garlic.
- Add all other ingredients (except the garnish!) and process until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with optional items.
Was craving hummus but didn't want to pay the high price charged for my favorite brand. Gave this a try and am pleasantly suprised, it tastes like the $6.00 stuff I love. Followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to make. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is because I tasted it before letting all the flavors blend for a few hours in the fridge.
You should have heard all the rave reviews from my witness protection group, but of course...I can't tell you. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
This was very good. Liked the garlic flavor throughout. Used peanut butter and sesame oil. Easy to make. Thanks for sharing.