Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dish that I made up as I went along! It's easy and uses ingredients that most of us have on hand. There is probably enough marinade for twice the amount of chicken. I wasn't going to have a chance to stir the chicken so I wanted to make sure that it covered all of the chicken. I served this over brown basmati rice. The marinating time is not included. ****NOTE: I do not recommend marinating this for more than 2 hours. I find it gets a grainy texture if marinated too long. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups red peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all marinade ingredients and add chicken. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours, no more.
- If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple and pepper pieces on skewers. Place on grill until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
This was very good! I fixed these for my husband for father's day and he loved them. I did not have any ginger off hand so I just left it out and it was awesome!! Cook time was right on too! I am adding this to my summer must have recipes!
We figured out at the last minute that we forgot to get skewers, so we just made it into a stir fry. Still delicious!
Loved these skewers! I marinated them for about an hour using half the marinade called for in the recipe. The only change I made to the recipe was to use a red and green pepper. Made for ZWT7