Nif's Grilled Sriracha Garlic Bread
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 1 French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (I always have loose frozen fresh basil and frozen basil cubes)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce (start with 1 and add more to taste)
- Preheat gas BBQ to low heat. You can just use one part of your grill for this and cook meat, etc. on the other part.
- Mix together the mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, basil and chili sauce. Spread the mixture over each half of the loaf.
- Set the bread halves on the grill, cut side up, over low heat. You want the topping to heat up and the bottom to brown up a bit and crisp. It takes about 10 - 15 minutes. If you want to, you can place the bread on a top rack while you cook everything else. Just make sure it doesn't dry out.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did this on the grill (charcoal grill outside), so the top of my bread didn't get that charred look.....thought about putting it under the broiler, but wanted to enjoy the crispness of the bottom of the bread with the soft creaminess of the top. I've never done garlic bread on the grill unless I put it in foil. This was fun and easy! Made for Think Pink 2012.
Nif, your recipe is top! I would serve this also on small pieces of bread as finger-food! Easy and really yummy!<br/>I did not have mayonnaise. So I prepared mine myself using one part of oil on 2 parts of yogurt (other ingredients as usually).<br/><br/>I baked this under the broiler in combination of air circulation! My family was delighted and my daugther said that it would be a pity to finish her bread.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!