Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everyone who has tried this recipe loved it and wanted a copy.
Make and share this Nick's Cranberry Hors D'oeuvre With a Kick recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 3 jalapeno peppers (remove seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 scallions
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- crackers or baguette
- If you have a food processor, add all ingredients into the processor, pulse until the cranberries are minced (not fine).
- Put in the refrigerator and chill from an hour to overnight.
- Place on a serving dish atop cream cheese and serve with crackers or baguette.
I went out on a limb and tried this. Before I let it stand over night, I tried it and thought it was terrible. I said to my DH that I was going to bring it to the party anyway because someone might like it. The next day when I put it together and tasted it, it was great! All those flavours had a little party of their own, overnight. What a pleasant surprise. I got lots of compliments from the party goers.
This was the hit of my Christmas Day buffet. It was exceptionally easy to make using the food processor. At first I was concerned that it would be too hot using that many jalapeno peppers. However, the sweetness from the cranberries melded with the hot from the peppers to make an outrageously delicious dish that looked very festive. Afterwards, I had quite a few requests for the recipe.