New York Strip Steaks With Orange and Oregano
- Trim excess surface fat from steaks. Rinse steaks and pat dry; place in a 1-gallon zip-lock plastic bag. Add orange juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Seal bag and turn as needed to coat all steaks with marinade. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Lift steaks from marinade (discard marinade) and lay on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- Cook steaks, turning once, until browned on both sides and done to your liking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to plates. Let rest in a warm place for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano leaves and salt and more pepper to taste.
- Serve with orange wedges to squeeze over the top.