Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this because it is different from the usual homestyle and mustard types of potato salads. It's great for a change.
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes (do not peel)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled beets, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 20-25 minutes, just until tender.
- Cool and slice thickly.
- Place potaotes, onions, and parsley in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Top with with diced beets and chopped chives.
- Mix together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad.
- Cover and chill 2-3 hours before serving.
This is delicious. It is a nice change from the normal potato salad and it looks pretty, too. I made this as written, but doubled the onions. If you love pickled red beets and you love potato salad, why not have them together? Brilliant! Thanx for sharing!
This was very tasty Sue, I had some pickled beets in my pantry, but made this with regular large potatoes, cut up into small pieces, and left unpeeled, I couldn't find any new potatoes out just yet where I live. I am leaving it in the fridge overnight to blend the flavors and we will have it for tomorrow's dinner...I will be making this again, next time with new potatoes, this is delicious...thanks for posting Sue....great recipe!...KC :)