Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and spicy! This dish is elegant and easy. It goes well with a chilled sweet white wine.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, seperated into cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- spinach fettuccine
- shredded parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Set pasta to boil in a large pot according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, bay leaves, oregano, rosemary and chili pepper. Stir to coat. Add wine, vinegar and lemon juice. Stir and cover. Cook until shrimp is pink and opaque and garlic is soft -- about 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, toss with remaining T olive oil in a large serving dish.
- Pour shrimp and sauce over pasta. Serve with parmesan.
My DH and I made this for lunch today. It was outstanding! Very easy to prepare, with really nice flavors and a perfect amount of heat. The only things that we did differently, were to substitute champagne vinegar for the white wine vinegar (as I was out of the latter and figured the champagne vinegar would be close enough) and I used Trader Joe's spinach and chives fettucine noodles. Also, as the recipe did not specify, after separating the garlic into cloves, we then chopped it up. We garnished with plenty of fresh parmesan-reggiano cheese. This is definitely a keeper and we will be making this again. Thank you for posting!