Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A New Mexico favorite. It's quick, easy, and delicious! Don't have chicken, no problem. This recipe is great even without it. Try it, you'll love it!
- Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
- Brown in frying pan.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine the cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth.
- Then add the garlic, onion, green chile.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 12x9 baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce.
- Cover with half of the tortillas.
- Put half of the cooked chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Spread half of the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat by layering the remaining tortillas, chicken, sauce, then cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow several minutes to cool.
- Top with chopped onions and fresh chopped tomatoes (optional) and serve with sour cream.
This recipe is really easy and comes out perfect every time. My only variations after I made it a few times were oven-roasted anaheim chiles (simple), whole milk instead of chicken broth, added cumin, mexican oregano and fresh cilantro to the chicken and a tad more garlic. (That's just what me and my BF like). Fine just the way it is, too! Thank you for sharing.
Perfect! Exactly like I used to get at college in Northern New Mexico. Wish I could get the large tubs of BUENO green chile in Michigan.