Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You simply can not ruin this pie dough. My Auntie Ida gave it to me and she was a professional baker for a number of years. You have to make ONE batch at a time though otherwise the consistency of the dough changes and it's not as easy to work with.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon rounded salt
- 1 cup lard
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Measure & mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Blend lard by "cutting" it into the flour mixture with a fork. Mix until the dough has an oatmeal like quality.
- Add water and mix with fork.
- Form dough into a ball and divide into 3 equal pieces.
- Roll out on floured surface, making sure to keep surface & rolling pin floured.
- Bake according to directions for your favorite pie.
Very nice pastry ,Lots of calories but texture and taste were great. I used 1 cup of water with this one! Cheers.