Top Review by Nika The Mad Baker
I'm not going to lie, at first i was a bit apprehensive about trying out this recipe because it used baking powder and eggs. Which i hadn't seen before in a pie crust recipe, but boy was i happy when i made the crust. Turned out great, i made 6 crusts in total, 2 were for an apple pie and i had some left over to make decorations on the crust.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the shortening and beat until mixture is crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the egg well and add the vinegar and water.
- Pour over flour and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Form dough into 4 balls, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -