Recipe by Missmagill
This is the first chili I ever had and will always be my favorite.
Top Review by petlover
I looked for a chili recipe which fit the things I had on hand..I also wanted to use my can of navy beans. I made this recipe as is minus the pinto beans( didnt have any) and with approx 3/4 pound of ground beef ( this was the amount in a package which i had defrosted). I made a little more, than directed, sauce since we like our chili saucy. This is the BEST chili recipe which I have tried. We liked this better than all of the other recipes which I have tried of Zaar. The amount of spice was just right. This is a simple recipe yet was really delicious. I will be making this again!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup kidney bean, cooked
- 1 cup navy beans, cooked
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large chili pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cook until browned.
- Add the meat and brown.
- Add spices and blend.
- Add tomatoes and beans. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring every few moments. If the chili is too think, add some water.
- Lower heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. This chili is even yummier if you simmer it for a few hours on the lowest heat.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips, cornbread, or anything you like with chili!