Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a recipe I have had for years, and I don't remember ever making them. The ingredients sound basically the same as chocolate chip cookies, with the exception of the mini morsels. I thought I'd pass it on to everyone and maybe someone would like to try it and crytique it for us!!
Top Review by lauralie41
If you like chocolate chip cookies you will enjoy these! DD and my grandson made these cookies and she did add more mini chips and omitted the nuts. Think I like the mini chocolate chips better then the regular size. Made and reviewed for My3Chefs - June 2012 recipe tag game.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups nestle toll house miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- FOR PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Prepare dough as above. Spread into greased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- FOR HIGH ALTITUDES (5200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with the flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375°F Bake drop cookies for 8-10 minutes and pan cookies for 17-19 minutes.