Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a recipe I have had for years, and I don't remember ever making them. The ingredients sound basically the same as chocolate chip cookies, with the exception of the mini morsels. I thought I'd pass it on to everyone and maybe someone would like to try it and crytique it for us!!
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- FOR PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Prepare dough as above. Spread into greased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- FOR HIGH ALTITUDES (5200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with the flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375°F Bake drop cookies for 8-10 minutes and pan cookies for 17-19 minutes.
If you like chocolate chip cookies you will enjoy these! DD and my grandson made these cookies and she did add more mini chips and omitted the nuts. Think I like the mini chocolate chips better then the regular size. Made and reviewed for My3Chefs - June 2012 recipe tag game.