Have not tried it yet..but my husband favors this flavor of ice cream..found this recipe in an old cookbook
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 ounces whipped dessert topping mix
- 19 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered strawberry drink mix
- 3⁄4 cup powdered instant chocolate drink mix
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- Add eggs 1 at a time to cream cheese in a large bowl, beating well after each addition.
- Combine whipped topping mix and cake mix in a bowl.
- Add cream cheese mixture and milk alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Divide batter into 3 portions.
- Stir strawberry drink mix into 1 portion and chocolate drink mix into another portion.
- Layer strawberry, vanilla and chocolate batters in greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Pour BUTTER GLAZE over top of warm cake.
- Cool before serving.
- BUTTER GLAZE.
- Combine margarine and powdered sugar in bowl, blend well.
- Add enough milk gradually to make of desired consistency.Mix well.