Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Have not tried it yet..but my husband favors this flavor of ice cream..found this recipe in an old cookbook
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 ounces whipped dessert topping mix
- 19 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered strawberry drink mix
- 3⁄4 cup powdered instant chocolate drink mix
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- Add eggs 1 at a time to cream cheese in a large bowl, beating well after each addition.
- Combine whipped topping mix and cake mix in a bowl.
- Add cream cheese mixture and milk alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Divide batter into 3 portions.
- Stir strawberry drink mix into 1 portion and chocolate drink mix into another portion.
- Layer strawberry, vanilla and chocolate batters in greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Pour BUTTER GLAZE over top of warm cake.
- Cool before serving.
- BUTTER GLAZE.
- Combine margarine and powdered sugar in bowl, blend well.
- Add enough milk gradually to make of desired consistency.Mix well.
My mother used to make this for us when we were growing up...I am thrilled to have the recipe...thanks
Made this for my DS birthday party. Very easy to make and tasted great. I used chocolate frosting instead of the glaze.