Recipe by BakinBaby
This is a quick and easy and appeals to adults and kids alike. Our daughter, Nellie, introduced us to this easy meal this summer while visiting us in our RV. We like spicy foods, so I use Herdez Brand Salsa (in the 7 oz. can), but feel free to substitute Mild. If you've never tried Herdez, it's available at most Walmarts nation wide.
Top Review by Todichiinii
I love navajo tacos. I grew up eating them. Instead of refried beans, I have pinto beans cooking with a ham hock all day in the slow cooker. And they have to be served on fry bread. Plain Jane flour tortillas just dont do it justice. This is my favorite meal ever devised :)....especially when grandma makes em lol.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa (canned, we use Herdez)
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups longhorn cheese (grated)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup salsa (for garnish)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- black olives (optional) or green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef & drain.
- Heat refried beans, salsa, garlic powder in a large saucepan, add drained ground beef.
- Fry flour tortillas in oil until light golden brown, drain.
- Spread fried tortillas with meat mixture, top with lettuce & cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and or green onions and salsa.