Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This was created one evening, when I was in "need" of a Pad Thai. These were the things I had on hand, thus it's creation. It can easily be made on stove top (much faster).Don't be afraid to add ingredients, or to leave any out. It's all a matter of taste, but this is the way we enjoy it most!I enjoy this more than going out for a Pad Thai now!
Top Review by Oolala
Loved this! I made this on the stove in the method described as follows from Impera Magna: In a bowl, mix together: salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, juice & zest of one lime, 2 T chopped cilantro, and coconut milk. Set aside. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and quickly sear chicken in a large skillet or dutch oven over high heat. Pour salsa mixture over chicken, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, bell peppers and snow peas; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until chicken and veggies are done. Serve over noodles, topping wigh bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, and crushed peanuts. The only things I did differently was to omit peppers, sprouts and extra nuts and I added some crushed red pepper flakes and a packet of Splenda. I didn't have a fresh lime so I used bottled lime juice. I served it with linguine. Thanks Nat!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves grated fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (I've made it without)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped snow peas (optional)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (crushed)
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- egg noodles (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat crock to med.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Heat frying pan on high.
- Sear chicken, throw into crock pot.
- In a bowl mix:.
- Salsa, peanut butter, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, juice and zest of 1 lime, 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro, and coconut milk.
- Pour over chicken.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Put lid on crock.
- After 2 hours cooking (should be almost to a simmer), if not turn crock up a bit.
- When at a slow simmer, add mushrooms.
- After another hour, add chopped bell peppers and chopped snow peas.
- Should have about and 45 minutes to an hour left to cook.
- Serve on noodles, then top with bean sprouts, fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- Note: if you find your mixture to be quite thick in the crock (depends on peanut butter, salsa -- ) I've added a bit of chicken broth to it, to make it "smoother".