1/1 Photo of Nat's Version of Crock Pot Easy Pad Thai
4 hrs 10 mins
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This was created one evening, when I was in "need" of a Pad Thai. These were the things I had on hand, thus it's creation. It can easily be made on stove top (much faster).Don't be afraid to add ingredients, or to leave any out. It's all a matter of taste, but this is the way we enjoy it most!I enjoy this more than going out for a Pad Thai now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (any kind)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves grated fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I've made it without)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped snow peas (optional)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts (crushed)
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- egg noodles (cooked)
- 1Heat crock to med.
- 2Cut chicken into chunks.
- 3Heat frying pan on high.
- 4Sear chicken, throw into crock pot.
- 5In a bowl mix:.
- 6Salsa, peanut butter, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, juice and zest of 1 lime, 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro, and coconut milk.
- 7Pour over chicken.
- 8Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 9Put lid on crock.
- 10After 2 hours cooking (should be almost to a simmer), if not turn crock up a bit.
- 11When at a slow simmer, add mushrooms.
- 12After another hour, add chopped bell peppers and chopped snow peas.
- 13Should have about and 45 minutes to an hour left to cook.
- 14Serve on noodles, then top with bean sprouts, fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- 15Note: if you find your mixture to be quite thick in the crock (depends on peanut butter, salsa -- ) I've added a bit of chicken broth to it, to make it "smoother".
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nat's Version of Crock Pot Easy Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 766.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: