Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A real taste of the Canadian North. Take this recipe, and the ingredients, with you the next time you go camping!
- In the bowl, mix the flour and lard together by hand, and then add the baking powder, salt and the currants, raisins or sultanas.
- Next, add the water and work the ingredients into a dough.
- Now, you have two options: the camp fire or the oven.
- To cook over a camp fire, divide the dough into four lumps and firmly wrap each lump around the end of a four foot stick and prop securely over the fire until golden brown.
- To cook in an oven, spread the dough out into a 16" square cake pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.