From New Mexico Magazine recipes. I like to use this on trout as well.
Make and share this Native American Catfish With Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.Cool.
- Grind 1/4 cup of pine nuts and reserve remaining for garnish.
- Mix ground pine nuts,cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin in a shallow dish.
- Dredge fillets in the pine nut mixture.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry catfish fillets two at a time in the hot oil for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork .
- Sprinkle fillets with whole pine nuts and serve.