1/3 Photos of Native American Catfish With Pine Nuts
From New Mexico Magazine recipes. I like to use this on trout as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.Cool.
- 3Grind 1/4 cup of pine nuts and reserve remaining for garnish.
- 4Mix ground pine nuts,cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin in a shallow dish.
- 5Dredge fillets in the pine nut mixture.Set aside.
- 6Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry catfish fillets two at a time in the hot oil for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork .
- 7Sprinkle fillets with whole pine nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Native American Catfish With Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.1
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 671.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g