Pesto Rice With Pine Nuts
- Ready In:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 5 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons very finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cook the rice in the hot water, simmering over a low heat in a covered pan for around 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
- When the rice is fully cooked, remove from the heat.
- Add the pesto sauce, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Stir to mix well.
- If the rice has had a chance to cool at all, you may wish to reheat it at this point- the rice should be hot enough for the mozzarella to melt slightly.
- Serve onto plates and top with the grated mozzarella if desired.
Join The Conversation
As a big fan of pesto and not such a big fan of pasta I found this to be tasty and easy side. DH had what little was left with his lunch and said it reheated nicely. Made as written using a little mozzarella sprinkled on the top. This recipe is a winner that I will be making again. Thanks for the post.