Recipe by Christine Bettiga
This is a very tasty salad that you can take to potlucks or serve it with fish! It is really yummy!
Top Review by fdrnelson
I have made this several times and it is always a hit. I don't not use sunflower seeds, I like to used sesame seeds. Whichever, you choose this will be worthing makeing time and time again. Also, in order to make this a meal for my family I cook up some chichen breasts, dice them up and add to the salad.
- 2 packages coleslaw mix
- 6 green onions, diced
- 3 packages beef-flavor ramen noodles, reserve seasonings for dressing (do not cook)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 package slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, unshelled
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put slaw in a large bowl.
- Add diced onions.
- Break up ramen noodles and add them to bowl (set aside the seasoning packets.) Set the bowl aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown almonds and sunflower seeds.
- (careful, they burn easily) Cool the almonds and sunflower seeds, then add them to the bowl.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Whisk together and pour over slaw mixture.
- Serve immediately.