Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best Butter chicken i have ever had!!!
Make and share this Nans Butter Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 800 g chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed ginger (in jar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated milk
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Coat a large non stick frying pan or wok with cooking spray, saute chicken, onion, garlic and ginger until chicken pieces are nearly cooked. Add all the spices and stock powder. Combine with chicken for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and fold through chicken. Blend cornflour with milk then add to pan, stir continuously mixing well until boiled.
We really liked this. Very easy to prepare. I didn't use the cornflour as it was thick enough without it. I used 4 tablespoons of ketchup as I was out of tomato paste. Still turned out great. Will definitely make this again. Thanks Rita