Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best creamed spinach I have ever had. It's a little bit of work but well worth it. Don't omit the hard boiled eggs or the bacon that's what makes it special.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crispy (reserve a little of the drippings)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon, remove from pan reserving a small amount of fat and drippings.
- Meanwhile boil and slice eggs.
- Add frozen spinach to reserved bacon drippings and saute until warm.
- Mix flour and milk and slowly add to spinach while stirring.
- Add sugar, and vinegar (may add more to suit your taste if needed).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Top with bacon crushed bacon pieces and egg slices.