Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Nando's in South Africa, whose restaurants have Portuguese food.
Make and share this Nando's Peri - Peri Soup Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500 g coarse minced chuck or 500 g topside mince
- 10 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 15 ml ground cumin
- 15 ml nando's garlic peri-peri (or to taste)
- 5 ml salt
- 2 1⁄2-5 ml fresh ground black pepper (1/2-1 teaspoon)
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- 250 ml beef stock
- 800 g red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 15 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 15 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 800 g chopped Italian tomatoes
- 15 ml tomato paste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the meat and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until well browned. Spoon out as much fat as possible.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the garlic, cumin, Nando's Garlic Peri-Peri sauce, salt and black pepper. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard and beef stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Add the dill and parsley just before serving.
EXCELLENT as can be! Added chillis but is personal taste for me! Used Nando Hot Peri Peri sauce as could not find what is on the list, For taste, you surely won't miss! Thank you as recipe MADE my day! As on the cold, rainy day indoors I wil stay! THANKS!
This stew a taste sensation - really well seasoned.Other then needing to sub the nados peri peri sauce using a home recipe ( can't find the recipe I used - but made it using olive oil, jalapenoes,minced garlic, crushed red peppers) making for a great supper on a chilly wet June day here on the prairies. What a wonderful combination making for a new to us stew.