Emeril's Lentil Stew
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest
- 12 ounces spinach leaves, picked and cleaned
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, lentils, and tomatoes, and then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and spinach.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Fold in the mint and parsley.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with crumbled feta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty and forgiving. I didn't have the full amount of spinach and it was still fine, but more would have been great. I added about a cup of chopped onion and that was tasty. I also didn't have the entire amount of mint or parsley, but put in what I had...Still very good and definitely a keeper!