Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from Nancy, a very funny nice lady that I worked with in PA. She always had a joke or a funny story to share and when we were lucky she shared her noodle kugel, too.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl beat eggs with sugar until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients except noodles.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add noodles.
- Mix well.
- Pour into pan that has been sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
What an excellent Kugel!! I cut it in 1/2 (sort of-- hard to do 1 1/2 eggs) with no problem. ( I used 2). I layered sugar/cinnamon in it when putting it in the pan. My only problem is that I don't know what recipe book to put it in-- breakfast? pasta? side dish? dessert? It fits all these catagories. Thank You for a yummy dinner tonight that all 3 kids ate with no whiiiiining!!!
This was a great sweet kugel. My meal flopped but this was the saving grace. I made it exactly as written with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Thanks for a keeper!