1/4 Photos of Nana's Coffee Cake
This is my Nana's recipe, which I'm sure came from her Nana. My Mom added the cinnamon topping, and I like it that way. It is simple and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour an 8" or 9" cake pan.
- 2Combine the topping ingredients (1-1/2 Tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon) in a small bowl. Set aside and reserve for sprinkling on top of batter.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients for the cake in a bowl.
- 4In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together egg, shortening and vanilla. Gradually beat in dry ingredients; then beat in sour cream or sour milk.
- 5Pour into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over top of batter.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g