Recipe by whifflellama
This recipe is based off of a recipe from Recipe Zaar ("Nacho Skillet Casserole"). I made a number of modifications, and figured I would post it. It's a very filling dish that's like nacho toppings on rice, instead of chips. This is a very adaptable recipe, and I'd love to hear all of your variations! If you do not like spice, I suggest adding the chili powder gradually until you find the perfect amount of heat for you. I have frozen this and reheated it with success! Please note: cook time and final yield do not factor in rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown turkey and onions in skillet until turkey is no longer pink in the center.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Mix kidney beans, cheddar cheese soup, Mexicorn, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into skillet.
- Simmer mixture together, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Serve over warm rice.